Early settlers described it as a field beside a lake.
Non-Resident Collector Rolls: 1877-1878 (one volume, includes Norwood), 1896-1897, 1899, 1904 PCMA
1874 Jun 18 Parts of Douro and Smith annexed for the new Village of Lakefield (County Bylaw 413)
1958 Sep 17 Parts of Smith annexed to Lakefield (the exhibition grounds), effective 1958 Oct 15. (OMB PFM 7758)
2001 Jan 1 amalgamated into new Smith Ennismore Lakefield Twp